Friday, April 8, 2011

A New Beginning

The bumble of the dryer
as it warms my clothes

The inaudible hum of the light
over my table

The creaking of the wood floor
beneath my socked foot

Small sounds, keeping me company
in the lonely nights of the
pen sitting on the paper
Unmoved, unmoving.

And I select an orange
Close the fridge with a tap

Return, working the peel,
my fingers nimble here
in the familiar task

Stripping through skin
Into the pith

The juice drips down,
through my fingers,
onto the page,
the neglected pen

Writing a poem
for my eyes, my stomach
and the comfortable rush
of the heated air
through the vents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, unless you are going to be mean, in which case you can go straight to hell.

Please leave at least some form of name so I don't get all paranoid and think you are a stalker or my mother.