Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Christmas Eve

I'm caroming off walls
In my very best jammies
The ones with the peace signs
And hearts on the bottoms
And tonight's the night
That it happens for real--
I bet that I see him,
See Santa this year.

I've waited for aeons
Wrote letters and songs
Just hoping that one day
He would come along

And tonight's the night
I feel it, I swear
The night when I finally had
Something to wear

And I have the plate
Of the cookies I made
And I have some milk
And I have to wait
'Cause I know he's coming
And I am just glad

That tonight my jammies
Aren't half bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, unless you are going to be mean, in which case you can go straight to hell.

Please leave at least some form of name so I don't get all paranoid and think you are a stalker or my mother.