Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kindling

SO I got a Kindle.

I know, you are probably sick of me talking about it already. BUT! Here are a couple of things that I have learned today.

1. Not everything is free and/or cheap. I thought that ALL THE BOOKS! would be a dollar a piece or something. Or free, in the public domain. Turns out, not so much. I mean, there are a lot of free books out there. But it is hard to search for them, and if you just browse you have to wade through shit like the US 2011 Federal budget (I am not kidding) and How and When to Be Your Own Doctor.

2. The technology behind the Kindle baffles me. I think that it is kind of like Wooly Willy, except a little more high tech.

3. I cannot get the Four Quartets. This infuriates me. The ONE work I read more than all of the others COMBINED. FUCK.

Other than that, it is pretty rad. Although the Four Quartets thing pisses me off for real.

2 comments:

  1. There is a way for you to get the Four Quartets on your Kindle.

    Take these: http://www.tristan.icom43.net/quartets/

    And do this to it.

    http://www.ehow.com/how_5705693_convert-text-kindle-format.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! I would have loved you forever anyway, but this just gives me more reason.

    Now I have no bad things to say about the Kindle. You have healed it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome, unless you are going to be mean, in which case you can go straight to hell.

Please leave at least some form of name so I don't get all paranoid and think you are a stalker or my mother.