Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nostalgia, Tinged With Joy

I got the kid Robin Hood today.

Not the book, not the men in tights, not the Prince of Thieves. I got him Robin Hood. The original Disney movie, complete with baby Prince John and obsequious Sir Hiss and a minstrel narration. With Robin Hood, wily and sly. Maid Marian, beautiful and good. The Sheriff, a fat blister. The people of Nottingham, downtrodden but never hopeless. Friar Tuck! I should have known I'd end up Catholic, with him as the priest paragon.

That movie-- I mean, for real. That movie. It is beautiful. I love it in so many ways, and for so many reasons.

And although that is the perfect entreƩ to a post about it, I am so tired and mildly intoxicated it may have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Suffice it to say, redistribution of wealth has never been so attractive to this Libertarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, unless you are going to be mean, in which case you can go straight to hell.

Please leave at least some form of name so I don't get all paranoid and think you are a stalker or my mother.